Monday, January 18, 2010

Whats the best bedding for a mini rex rabbit?

I just got him a couple of days ago, and i was wondering what the best bedding was for him, should i use carefresh or some kind of shaving, what would be the best, cause i heard that both cause respirtory problems somehow. I was going to use timorthy hay on the top, just not sure what to use for the bottom, please help, thanks.Whats the best bedding for a mini rex rabbit?
The BEST litter for a rabbit is Corncob bedding. It's absorbs like you wouldn't believe!!!!!!! But, then I layer it, with straw for my recently rescued rabbit and hay for the other. Neither like the Carefresh. NEVER use wood shaving of any kind-NOT only are they bad for the rabbit, but they actually, hold the smell. Walk in any pet store-like Jack's and you will see. I've never been able to go in a Jack's without nearly getting sick!!!!!!!! Can you imagine how hard it is on the poor animals????????? Walmart is where I get the Corncob..I also use it in my rat's cage. I layer his with a little of everything because he likes to tear and play with it. I'll put straw in it, tear up toilet paper, and hay..lol. It doesn't matter, he just drags it to the side to cover his food he hides. The Corncob is great because-a rabbit is easily potty trained. Once you see which corner they like to go in--You can put a corner litter box in it and they usually, take right to using it. Now remember, rabbits produce 2 types of poop looking pellets..1 is actual fecal pellets, the other is cecotropes. That's why many people assume their rabbit just poops everywhere-it's 2 different things..


http://www.bio.miami.edu/hare/poop.html


Email me if I can offer you some advice and I'll give you my direct addy. JuliaWhats the best bedding for a mini rex rabbit?
Bedding for WHAT!? The litter box? The cage? First of all, never use WOOD. Many wood shavings will give your bunny cancer. Virtually anything else for a litter box is fine - but you will find it cheapest and easiest to use recycled paper ';fluff'; that you can find online or in stores. If you are looking for bedding for the bunny in general, always give it options. Never keep it in a cage with wire bottoms. Aside from needed room to run around, a bunny should have towels and padding options at all times.
If litter trained you could put linoleum down? Then you can just spray and wipe it every day; very easy. Though that normally works with litter trained bunnies :)
  • inkjet refills
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment