Wednesday, January 20, 2010

When does a lionhead rabbit shed his fur and grow his mane?

i bought two lionheads and was told they can sometimes look like a regular rabbit when they are babies. one is very fluffy and the other is fluffy too but has alittle more fur around the head area. I was told they will shed their body fur and their mane will stay and grow out more. But at what age? My bunnies are about 2-3 months old. I starting to wonder if I get ripped off and these are mixesWhen does a lionhead rabbit shed his fur and grow his mane?
If you got the rabbits from a petstore, you can never know for sure if they're purebred. I got a lionhead bunny from the petstore about 2 years ago as a baby. It was quite fluffy when we got him, but after half a year, he had a problem where his teeth never stop growing. Also, he now periodically sheds fur on his chest and behind his ears, sometimes to the point of baldness, only to grow it back again a few weeks later. I just think it's a genetics problem, and it doesn't affect his health in any way.


Here are the specifications for a purebred lionhead, see if your bunny matches up:


http://www.thebrc.org/lionhead.htmWhen does a lionhead rabbit shed his fur and grow his mane?
Rabbits mature (sexually) at around 4 - 6 months; I think it's around this time the adult coat grows in too.
Maybe so? I don't think a rabbit would lose all its fur and grow a mane? Do you mean it would be completly bald except for the mane? I think you were scammed but I don't really know. good luck anyway and Merry X-Mas

No comments:

Post a Comment