Friday, January 22, 2010

How can I give my rabbit and gienea pig a bath without them getting wet?

Or some pet stores might also have dry powders. They work too.How can I give my rabbit and gienea pig a bath without them getting wet?
Try the Chinchilla dusting powder the rabbit %26amp; guinea pig may just roll and bathe themselves with it.How can I give my rabbit and gienea pig a bath without them getting wet?
THEY HAVE SPECIAL WIPES YOU CAN USE TO CLEAN THEM!
Do Not use powder on your rabbit. They have very sensitive skin and you could do some damage. If the rabbit smells there are things you can do. Is it fixed? It might be hormones that are causing a smell. What are you using for the litter box? You might want to try wood stove pellets they are very good are soaking up the odor. If your rabbit is messy get a wet cloth and wipe your bunny down. Don't use any shampoos.
I am not sure if you mean completely waterless or not, but I give my guinea pig a 'bath' by wetting a wash cloth with warm water, soaping it up with baby shampoo so that it is gentle, then sqauezing all the excess water off so that the cloth is damp. Then I hold him in my lap and wipe him down with the moistend/soapy cloth. I rinse the cloth a few times and repeat once or twice depending on how dirty he is. He never gets dunked or soaked and he doesn't really need to be rinsed since most of the dirt does not usually get close to his skin, just on his outer hair. He actually seems to like the attention during 'bath' time. Good luck!
most petstores have wipes like baby wipes but for animals. i know for sure that petsmart has them. i would use those
Go to a pet store like Petco or Pet Smart - they sell wipes that you use to wipe down an animal to cleanse them without water.
wet wipes

No comments:

Post a Comment