Friday, January 22, 2010

What age should the rabbit be to get neutered?

im planning to get my new 2 month old buck nuetured, i was wodnering when is the right time?





and how much would it cost?


do i need to register my rabbit? (what does that mean?)What age should the rabbit be to get neutered?
2 months is a little too young. Usually a rabbits hormones won't kick in until 4-6 months and that's when you should get him neutered. So I'd wait awhile longer, I doubt any vet would neuter him just yet.


As for how much it would cost, that depends on the vet. Prices very so you really just have to call around to vets in your area and ask. I've heard of neuters for rabbits costing anywhere from $50 to in the $300 range. Just make sure that you find a vet that specializes in small animals to do the surgery. Because neutering a rabbit is much different that neutering a cat or dog. Here is a list of rabbit experienced vets listed by state, so you can look for one in your area http://www.rabbit.org/vets/vets.html





Oh and no you don't need to register him. Registering a rabbit would be for people who have purebred rabbits with a pedigree and plan on showing them in rabbit shows. It has nothing to do with having a rabbit neutered.What age should the rabbit be to get neutered?
Typically 5 months old is when most vets neuter rabbits. Some will wait until they are 6 months old. I paid $75.00 to get my buck neutered. You need to make sure the vet specializes in small animals. I went through the phone book and called pretty much every vet. The Humane Society may also be able to recommend a vet. Cost was important to me but so was having a qualified vet. Registering your rabbit is for people that show their rabbits.
  • blackheads scars
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment