Sunday, January 24, 2010

How do you pick up a rabbit?

I'm only 11 i have a mini rex rabbit


I've had him for 5 years and haven't holed him for 3 years.


Whenever i pick him and lift him off the ground his eyes bulge out and he panics and kicks, they say you hold him at the legs too. but he has sharp nails which is scary for me to hold it.


I really want to pick him up but he just runs away.


can anyone help!How do you pick up a rabbit?
Hi,


I myself had the same problem with my bunny. He would do the exact same thing.You can't teach your bunny to be picked up anymore. Maybe perhaps you could get another bonny?How do you pick up a rabbit?
I pick up mine with him facing me. One hand under his chest, between his two front legs adn the other to support his bum and back legs. If you have the back legs tightly he should be fine. Do it in short bursts, so put him down before he starts to wriggle each time so he knows its not too scary, gradually hold him for longer. I'd only try twice a day otherwise they get a bit stressed out! Good luck x
i dunno if my way is right but i have my bunny for a few days now what i do is when i feed him i feed him of my hands so i let him sniff my hands and now he s used to feedin from my hands so when he s eatin i d carry him just a little n put him back n i noticed he doesnt mind it as much as the first times as if he knows that if he lets me cuddle him or hold him he ll be rewarded with a piece of carrot ..
hold his arms together with one hand


and take ur other hand and but it on his


bottom and hold him up


like this but with a real bunny


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWVl3O70D鈥?/a>


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdt0XKNlf鈥?/a>
one hand under the chest and one hand under the bum, thats how i have allways done it.





how come u havent held him for 3 years?
Hey,





I Got A Rabbit Called Spottie, He's A Bit Of A Handful What I Do Is Put One Hand Against His Mouth, If He Funs Again Repeat Step,


Then Takes Your Hand Away And Hold His Back Then Grab Him Gently (Then Somehow You But Him On Your Chest But I Dunno Home To Do That). Put Him Into Your Hands , Likes Your Rocking A Baby- But Don't Rock, Then Quickly Put Him Into His Hutch/Cage.


It Takes Lots Of Practice So Don't Be Annoyed When You Can't Do It !





Your Welcome x


- AlissaPie x

No comments:

Post a Comment