Sunday, January 24, 2010

How do i get my satan rabbit to like me?

i just adopted a mini-rex rabbit last month from a woman who never played with it. I think it's a girl and she's about 8 months old. she absolutely hates being petted and touched, even when i let her sniff me first she backs away. she's gotten a little better from when i first got her and sometimes lets me touch her head but then runs away. i want to be able to hold her so i can clip her nails and enjoy her rather than just have her just sit in a cage to look at. she even likes my cats better than me!! what should i do?How do i get my satan rabbit to like me?
This is hard. I got my rabbit young too and I don't think he was played with much either. For the first few months he wouldn't even let me near him. I would let him out of his cage and would have to put food in it just to get him back in it. It took a few months, but he finally did come around, I was really, really scared that he wasn't going to.


He came around because I worked with him on it. The first thing you need to understand is rabbits are afraid of heights. Some may let you pick them up, but a lot wont, it scares them. I would spend a lot of time sitting on the floor with bun, letting him get used to me. I wouldn't try to pet him or pick him up, I would just sit there and let him hop around me. After he got used to me, I would start putting treats like lettuce and stuff right in front of me, he would come over and eat them, and I would gently pet him, just on the top of his head. He would let me do that for a little bit and then he would run away. Eventually he would come up to me looking for treats or just some love.


Now I can pet my bunny all the time, he even knows his name and when I snap my fingers and point at his cage he knows to go in there. He won't let me pick him up, but he will hop up on my bed when I am up there to let me pet him. He follows me around the apartment looking for some luvins too.


Congradulations on your bunny, and I promise if you give him time he will learn to love you. Just make sure he is getting plenty of out of cage time and just sit on the floor at his level, he will get used to you!How do i get my satan rabbit to like me?
Get her a boy rabbit , then she will like you.
Tough to get your rabbit to enjoy you, but there is a way to enjoy your rabbit, despite her timidness.
first off


off with the satan stuff


rabbits are very finicky


and you wanna waskelly wabbit





she will need some more time


you have put wat too muchee pressure on the poor thing


have you spoken to your mother yet, listen to her slow down





let her out of the cage


let her watch bugs bunny


watch it with her and only laugh when she laughs first





peel her a sweet carrot, no not a baby carrot


work for her


let her come to you to get a nibble





if you do the little things she'll respect you soon enough
we had one trained he was a house bunny. he even used the cat litter tray. you need a lot of time with it inside and treat it you would a cat or dog. give it treats for doing the right thing and spank him softly on the but for doing the wrond thing.... it takes time but it works
Lot's of treats - get a leash or take to a fenced in area. He/she probably never ate grass and breathed fresh air. Give him/her something to sleep on, those wire gages are very uncomfortable. The rabbit was probably hit before despite previous owner's denial. Don't pet him'her for a while and don't ever hit/ otherwise all gains will be lost - besides the fact that there's no legitamite reason to hit a pet.
prozac %26amp; wine.
It will just take time. It's easier to socialize rabbits when they are younger, and the older they get, the longer it takes. Just be patient and go slow. Put the bunny in a room where you spend most of your time, talk to her and let her get used to looking at you. Then you can put your hands in the cage, with slow movements, give her treats, food, and you can slowly work your way up to petting her (I learned the hard way, rabbits don't like being touched under their chin most of the time) but they do like their ears rubbed and heads scratched. If you can pick her up, do so gently and slowly, keeping her back legs secure and let her out of her cage to play. She might hide at first, but they are curious little things and will come out to explore eventually. make sure the area is rabbit-proofed (no cords to chew on!). Every time you pick her up, make sure her back legs are secure! Their back %26amp; leg muscles are so powerful that if they flail around %26amp; kick too hard, they can damage their own spinal cord.


Good luck %26amp; with patience, you'll have a great pet who loves you!
Call an excorsist.
its going to take awhile for her to warm up to you. so, be patient. If her nails get too long, then call the vet, and tell them your sit. and see if they have any suggestions
Be patient she needs to get used to you. Give her some freedom and give her treats like dandelion leaves.
Worship the Devil-Bunny like it does.
Just keep doing what you are doing.
I think you mean satin not satan. But anyway it takes time and rabbits are nervous by nature. Just be patient and allow the rabbit to build trust with you.
I once was friends with a little bunny like yours. First you have to get their attention somehow and then they learn to show you respect and affection.

No comments:

Post a Comment