Friday, January 22, 2010

How did killing a rabbit in the pre-70s actually determine a woman was pregnant?

The way it worked was - a woman's urine was injected into a female rabbit and then a couple days later the animal was killed and its ovaries examined. Hormones present in a pregnant woman's urine would make the rabbit's ovaries enlarge.


Thankfully, modern chemistry has replaced this 'animal assay' test.How did killing a rabbit in the pre-70s actually determine a woman was pregnant?
to save rabbits innocent lives today we just abort the baby at any convenient stage,think of the poor rabbits that have been saved

Report Abuse


How did killing a rabbit in the pre-70s actually determine a woman was pregnant?
I am so glad I was pregnant in the 80's and 90's, I couldn't bear the thought of killing the 4 that would have died from actual pregnancies and the numerous other false alarms I had until I had that wonderful thing called tubal ligation.
I believe it was because the rabbit's ovaries were used to make pregnancy tests for humans.
Otter is close. What they looked for was a corpus luteum cyst of pregnancy in the bunny.
they used the rabbit ovaries for the test,


all those poor bunnies that died
I was born in the 70's so I've not had this experience like you have, grandpa! LMAO!

No comments:

Post a Comment