Monday, January 18, 2010

How much time should you spend with your rabbit?

I want to get a rabbit for my birthday this summer, but I鈥檓 afraid that I鈥檒l be too busy to spend a lot of time with it. I'm starting my GCSE's in September so won't have that much time to spend with it; perhaps an hour a day max?





For the rest of the time could I just let it roam around my house or in its run?


(I would buy it a lot of toys to keep it occupied with.)How much time should you spend with your rabbit?
An hour is good. I got a ball for when I clean his cage, I can put him in and let him run around. You can't let it roam around by itself until you train it not to chew on cords, etc. I leave my rabbit in a cage and about 1-2 hours each day I hold him, clean his cage so he goes in his ball for excercise, and I take him out on his leash. If you do get a leash, you have to let the rabbit lead, not you. It's not like walking a dog, and if you pull the leash it could break a bone. And also, rabbits bones are very fragile. They can break their back very easily by kicking when they are scared. My previous rabbit...Well, another story, another time..








P.S. Mini-lops are so cute, that's what I have, and they like cuddling and being held more than regular bunnies do.How much time should you spend with your rabbit?
An hour is not very long, rabbits really like to spend time with people. they get very bored alone. Perhaps if you got 2 rabbits, neutered or same sex, of course. Leave them in your house and it needs to be well protected. they will nibble on electric wires, wood, baseboards, carpet, furniture, just about anything. A free roaming rabbits room really needs to be rabbit proofed. Get 2 rabbits, that is the best idea and give them a large area, like 10'x10ft. and lots of toys. they also like things to climb on and hide and climb through.
I think you should spend at least an hour with your rabbit.


And I only say this because I like rabbits and I think they deserve alot of time spend on them sence they mostly stay cooped up ina cage all day you should take it out and let it strech and run a hope around.





Let it have a fun time adn send quality time withit





Good Luck





=]
Well I bought a book that talks about bunnies and it says that bunnies aren't like dogs that they dont want so much attention. they like to be held just a little bit and then they want to roam free. I have one and we let him out and leave him be.. at times i grab him and pet him and he falls asleep but then the next second he wants to run away. so i think its ok for you to spend time with him when you can. I work a lot so i hardly see him but he is doing fine. just make sure he has food and water through out the day. and as for letting him around the house i only do it when i'm there because mine poops everywhere and if i leave him like that there will be sooo much poop when i get home. well good luck with your bunny
You Have To Spend More Than an Hour a Day With a Rabbit!!





They are Extremely Social and Playful Creatures and Will Get Bored Very Easily Being Stuck in a Cage With a Few Toys And Nothing To jump Onto.





i Let My Rabbits Have The Run of The House, so They're Not Bored and Come To See Me if They Want Since They Love Exploring And Playing With my Dog :)
An hour a day sounds good. My poor bunny doesn't get much attention while I'm in school but she gets some on the weekends and she's doing fine. One hour a day should be fine.
Alot of time
an hour is plenty, your rabbit will love you for that much time
An hour sounds fine.
a hour id say

No comments:

Post a Comment