Monday, January 18, 2010

I have a rabbit cage that opens from the top?

does any one know what I can buy or make so she can get in and out on her own?I have a rabbit cage that opens from the top?
My dad was thinking about making one he was going to make the roof the door. If you are making a hutch.I have a rabbit cage that opens from the top?
what i did is take a saw (electric) and cut a square part from the lower side of the cage and attach some plastic strips to cover the hole. its like a doggie door for a rabbit.
The first thing that comes to mind is to cut a hole in the wire but that is not a good idea as the rabbit could get injured. I would say to build a ramp but that would mean that the rabbit would have nowhere to go to hide if it gets scared. My first rabbit cage opened from the top but that was also the place where my rabbit slept. I then got another cage for $120 at Big W and this one opened on the side. I was hoping that one day I could build a play area extended from that cage but I never did and she went missing over a month ago. The best thing would be to either buy another cage or build one yourself. If you can't afford that at the moment maybe you could keep the rabbit in that cage and let it out with supervision for now.
tractor supply or where do u live because I sell custom bunny cages.
I don't know how it is made, but if it's wire on the sides, just cut a hole in it, big enough to wear she can't touch the sides of the hole so it won't accidently cut her and make sure all the wire edges are clipped off. Or just get a new rabbit cage. Or make a ramp to the top, then have stairs so she can hop down.

No comments:

Post a Comment