Monday, January 18, 2010

Can a rabbit take my dog?

We have 2 2rabbits that hang out in the back yard. My wife is worried that if our 4 pound Yorkie catched one, it could kill our dog. Do you think a rabbit would or could kill our dog or would it just run?Can a rabbit take my dog?
I would be slightly worried about that situation. A rabbit has extremely powerful hindlegs and sharp claws. If the dog tried to jump on the rabbit then the rabbit would kick out with it's legs and could seriously hurt the dog if it was a vital area (stomach particularly).


Rabbits also have sharp teeth as I am sure you know. I'm not sure if the rabbit would try to bite a dog..but, honestly you never know.


Better to be safe than sorry and monitor your dog while she is outside.Can a rabbit take my dog?
Obviously you guys are not old enough to have seen Monty Pythons Holy Grail!!!!!! Those rabbits are vicious!!!!! Yorkies! I wouldn't attack those things without an M1 Abrams......
You'd be surprised---a yorkie is definitely a killer...
You're asking a guy who was attacked by a grey squirrel so I don't trust any of those ';cute little forest creatures';! BUT I would assume the rabbits would jet. It's coyotes,bigger dogs, and believe it or not owls,hawks, and other big birds that may have a taste for a yorkie every now and then.
The rabbit would more than likely not kill the dog, but he would think twice about messing with them again. Rabbits are kickers, so what would happen is the rabbit would kick the snot out of the dog and then run.
I'm not sure what a wild rabbit would do. I feel that the dog would most likely scare off the rabbits. But my house bunnies rule over the cats in our house. the rabbits will chase the cats through the house. Thumper has kicked Sassy our black cat across the kitchen floor when the cat tried to pounce him.( the rabbit is 14lbs) we laugh ourselves silly at night watching a cat that is a known mouser run through the house at night with one of the 4lb bunnies at his heels. America's Funniest Video here we come
The rabbit would just run away. Your yorkie could definitely kill a baby rabbit and possibly a big one as well.
it may attack it but i dont believe it will kill the dog
I don't think a wild rabbit will just attack. If the dog got too close, threatened the rabbit or grabbed ahold of it, yeah, I think I would retalliate and defend itself. So yes, I think the rabbit would whoop the tar out of a 4 lb yorkie, but not kill it. Ever seen the nails on a wild rabbit?
Are these wild rabbits or pet rabbits?


I highly doubt that any rabbit would kill a dog although it definately could. If the rabbits saw the teeth and claws of your yorkie it would know it was dangerous (the forward pointing eyes would also indicate this), it would almost definately run and find a hiding place but your best bet is just to try and keep them seperated. Rabbits can be very spiteful if they need to be and they could definately hurt a small dog but probably not kill it.
Im guessing the whole prey/preditor thing would kick in and your rabbits would run like hell.
No a rabbit cannot kill your dog do not worry

No comments:

Post a Comment