Friday, May 14, 2010

Will a thicker fur be better for a rabbit if you are allergic to cats?

Also i cant have a lop eared one becasue my friend has 1 and am allergic to it however the agouti type of one im ok with so wot other type of fur one can i have,,x???Will a thicker fur be better for a rabbit if you are allergic to cats?
I have 2 lop eared and 1 dutch rabbit. I am not allergic to the point I break out, but I do have allergies, the sniffing, sneezing, watering etc. My 2 lopped eared rabbit shed like crazy and just petting them at times can set my allergies off. It worse when the AC is on because the house is all closed up and the allergens just circulate around the room. The dutch rabbit is not as bushy. The fur is fine, and although she still sheds at times, I generally have less of a reaction to her fur.Will a thicker fur be better for a rabbit if you are allergic to cats?
What you allergic to is the dander on the cats, dander is produced by the animal grooming/cleaning itself and then the saliva dries and produces dander which then becomes air-borne. So probably, no matter what you do, you are going to have a reaction unless you regularly take an antihistamine.

No comments:

Post a Comment