Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Is is possible to give your rabbit oranges?

im trying to introduce new fruit and veg to my rabbits diet and i read that oranges were ok to give but im not so sure.can anyone helpIs is possible to give your rabbit oranges?
Yes, they are fine, although mine don't like them. Just keep all treats to a minimum (like 1 T/day per 5 lb bunny) and start very small to be sure the orange doesn't upset your bun's GI system.





Here are two good sites with diet info:


www.carrotcafe.com


http://homepage.mac.com/mattocks/morfz/r鈥?/a>Is is possible to give your rabbit oranges?
yes. but only a little bit since wet fruits and veggies tend to give rabbits diarhea.
Yes, the only food my veterinary said not to feed my rabbit was cabbage and broccoli.
I had eight rabbits and they loved a variety of foods dry cereal was one of their favorites alot of greens and carrots I think fruit is ok but I wouldn't suggest alot to much suger could make your furry little friend sick
yeah sure try it. only offer a little bit though because bunnys have very sensitive tummys. you can only try. they may enjoy it.


here is a list i found when researching for my bun i got on sat :)





http://www.ukcompanion.rabbits.org.uk/pl鈥?/a>





one thing you shouldnt feed your bunny is lettuce. hard to believe but it isnt actually good for them

No comments:

Post a Comment