Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Rabbit owners: Does your bunny have the run of the house? A hutch outisde with a run?

I've got kind of a weird set up and I'm wondering what others do.Rabbit owners: Does your bunny have the run of the house? A hutch outisde with a run?
HI, i rescued my to lops about 3 months ago, they lived in a run on concrete and had a very small hutch at night so when i got them they had pressure sores on their feet, so i was advise by the vet to keep them on grass and let them have a Very large run,.


So i spent a fortune on a Huge run , hutch combo = they didn't like it and dug their way out!


I took the end off the run and bought a load of chicken wire and fenced off my garden so they could have a lot more freedom and hope they wouldn't dig again, they didn't dig they jumped instead, they cleared about 3.5 to 4 ft and terrorized the neighbours and ate everything they could find.


Next it made the chickenwire double height so they still had the run (without end panel) hutch (nice and cosy) and all the grass they could eat where i'd given over the garden to them. So they dug, chewed and pulled and jumped and escaped again and made a nest in the garage in the hay and straw plie!!


So they now have no fence to keep them on the grass, i have completely enclosed my garden so no one gets in and no bunnies get out, they have no hutch BUT they have the complete freedom to do what the hell they want and live in the garage in a nest of old hessian sacking that they stole!!


Not exactly conventional but they are extremely happy lol.


Their feet are now healed but they still hate me looking at them .


Not exactly what you asked but i got there in the endRabbit owners: Does your bunny have the run of the house? A hutch outisde with a run?
I have an indoor rabbit and he does have the run of the house well part of the house and he is extremely happy because he loves to do the binky dance thats when he jumps in the air and does a little twist.
I let him run in the kitchen. He's adorable! He jumps all over the place. We usually block the doors so he can't get anywhere else, because it's kinda hard when he's not trained to go in his cage.
We used to have a bunny in the house when I was a kid.He had a heyday with electrical cords.He went potty on newspapers in a corner.
Run of the house for 3 hours per day. Then I have to run the vacuum.





He never goes outside because of where I live.





If I'm lazy I'll barricade him in one room so I don't have to vacuum as much.

No comments:

Post a Comment