Friday, May 14, 2010

How to stop slugs getting in my rabbit hutch?

i have a rabbit hutch and theres usually a slug munching on my guinea pigs food or in the food dish does anyone one know how to stop slugs even getting in the hutch the slime makes me heave when i clean the dish does anyone have any methods or somthing to stop the slugs getting in ??





thanks!





xsarahxHow to stop slugs getting in my rabbit hutch?
put a circle of salt all the way round the outside of the hutch :D xHow to stop slugs getting in my rabbit hutch?
That's really easy as I have had the same experience with mine. I have 29 rabbits now and used to find tons of slugs.





I sprinkled salt around the cage so they wouldn't get to it.


As soon as the slugs hit the salt they start shriveling up and dying.





It doesn't have to be that close to the cage either.


Or you can go to Home Depot and buy a slug repellent. Its just poison pellets that you sprinkle around the cage also.





I prefer the salt as it is much cheaper, ( not dangerous ) and easier for someone younger to use.
IF ITS ON THE GROUND RAISE IT. IF ITS ALREADY UP THEN BUY A SLUG OR SNAIL SPRAY AND SPRAY AROUND THE HUTCH.

1 comment:

  1. Step-by-step instructions and materials needed to build an inexpensive DIY rabbit hutch to house your rabbits. www.homeandroost.co.uk

    ReplyDelete